Canon Printer in Error State is a common occurrence among its users. Printers go into error and stop responding for a variety of reasons, both known and unknown. The “Canon printer error state,” on the other hand, is the most perplexing and ambiguous because you have no idea what you're up against.
But that doesn't rule out the possibility of resolving the issue. To resolve this Canon Error, follow some tried and true troubleshooting steps.
This post will go over all of the steps you can take to try to fix the "Canon printer error state." and continue printing on your printer.
Let’s start learning!!
Easy Fixes to Resolve the Canon Printer Error State
Solution1: Restart your Printer
Many printer errors can be resolved by giving your printer a power break. Rebooting your printer rarely works miracles. At the same time, go over all of your Canon printer's wired and wireless connections.
The “Canon printer in error state” error could be caused by any disconnected USB wire. To restart the Canon printer, follow these steps:
- Turn off your printer.
- Pull out the power supply cable.
- Open the printer front/the main cover.
- Let the printer rest and cool for some time (at least 10-15) minutes.
- Do not touch/disturb the printer during rest time.
- Now, close the cover, attach the power cable and turn it On.
- Wait until the printer does its initial set-up job.
Check the printer's status again; it will resume its work.
Solution2: Examine Paper Loading Tray & Papers
It's also crucial to check the status of the paper loading tray. Your Canon printer may go offline due to a dislodged or cracked loading tray, or you may experience a Canon Printer Paper Jam issue, resulting in your printer is in an error state.
- Begin by ensuring that the Printer's paper tray has a sufficient number of papers loaded.
- Before you begin inspecting the loading tray, make sure the printer is turned off.
- Take your time going over all of the papers and the loading tray.
- Check to see if the error message is still present after restarting your printer.
If the Canon printer remains in an error state, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 3: Add Your Printer To A WiFi Network Again
To use a Canon printer with your wireless network, you must first set up a Canon printer with your wireless network. You should disconnect and reconnect your printer to the wi-fi connection while it is in an error state. Perform the following actions:
- Restart your printer as well as your wireless network (modem, router, and system)
- Go to your printers' main settings.
- Select the “Wi-Fi network” options.
- Select your wi-fi network name by scrolling up and down.
- Provide the correct login details according to the security settings.
- After a few seconds, you will see a message stating that your printer is now connected to the wi-fi network.
It's time to check if the error state message has vanished or not. If the problem persists, continue reading to learn more troubleshooting techniques.
Solutions4: Uninstall and Reinstall Canon Printer Driver
Corrupted or out-of-date printer drivers can cause a slew of unexpected printer issues. Many Canon printer errors do not necessitate driver updates, but they are resolved when users do so.
Even in this situation, updating your Canon printer driver can help you get rid of the error message "Canon Printer in Error State." Carry out the following:
- Go to Programs in your system control panel.
- Look for the folder labeled "Canon printer driver."
- Remove it from your system by right-clicking and selecting "Uninstall."
- Reinstall the driver after it has been completely removed.
- You can either use the driver CD that came with your printer or go to the Canon website to download the most recent driver.
Restart your printer and computer once you've finished uninstalling and installing the driver. The message "Canon Printer in Error State" is unlikely to appear again.
If the Canon Printer is still offline, please contact the Printer support Helpline Number. To resolve Canon printer WiFi connectivity issues and other related issues, seek expert advice.