This blog is for printers and Windows computers. Set up your printer for a USB cable connection to a Windows computer. To get the most supported features from a USB connected printer, install the full feature driver.
Step 1: Prepare for the printer setup
Check specifications and remove any earlier installed printer versions from Windows to work up for the USB connection setup and driver installation.
1. Confirm the following specifications and items before you start:
○ The printer is turned on and in a ready state.
○ Get a USB cable not longer than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
○ There is a USB port on your computer: If you connect through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not receive needed power to function precisely.
○ If you attached the USB cable to the computer before installing the printer driver, go with these steps to remove the printer from the installed devices to make sure a successful setup. Or else skip to the next step to install the driver.
2. Separate the printer USB cable from the computer. Do not connect the cable again until prodded during the driver installation process.
3. Search Windows for devices, and then click the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the results.
4. Right-click the icon for your printer model, and then click on Remove device. If more icons exist for the printer, eliminate them all.
5. Close the Devices and Printers window, and then carry on with the next step.
Step 2: Install The Driver And Set Up The Connection
Download and install the best accessible print driver to complete the USB connection.
1. Go to the official website of your printer, enter your printer model, and then follow the prompted instructions to download your driver. Depending on your printer model, the guided driver installation app might download.
○ If a driver or guided driver installation app downloads, follow the prompted instructions to open the download file to start the setup. When asked to choose a connection type, select USB. You do not need to finish the remaining steps in this section if the setup is successful.
○ If the download fails or your printer is not listed on the official website, go with these steps to install a driver from the website.
2. Go to customer support - Software and Driver Downloads, provide your printer model, if asked, and then ensure the operating system version is correct.
3. If a Let's identify your product to get started page, appears, click Printer, enter your printer model number, and then click Submit.
The software results page for your printer displays with the default operating system selected.
4. If you need to change the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.
5. Under the Driver heading, click Download for the full software package or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
6. When asked by the installer to select a printer connection option, select USB to continue with and complete the setup.
7. Try to print, scan, or fax, depending on your printer's operationality.
If you are still unable to set up your USB printer or face any problem again and again, then call us directly on Printer Technical Support Number, our experts will provide you with the proper guidance and will fix the issue for you instantly. At Printer Helpline Number we provide solutions for a wide range of printer issues like Firmware and updates for HP Printer, Wireless HP Printer Configuration, Resolving Driver Related Issues, Fixing the HP Printer Spooler Error, Fix printhead and Cartridge error, Fixing paper jam and related errors, etc. So, whatever the issue you face with your printer, call us anytime, our team is available 24*7 for printer support. We also help users with printer setup and printer installation.