The Error message 0x6100004a is generally the problem of every model which affects many models like 6810, 6830, 6968 & 6962 and various other models of HP Printer. The users can see this error on the screen of the HP printer.
What are the main reasons for HP Error 0x100004a?
Blocked vents and contacts of an ink cartridge
The error might be happening due to a clogged cartridge of ink. First of all, you should clean all the ink cartridge vents and its associated contract then again install them one at a time to evaluate which is causing the problem.
Glitch of firmware
Due to the unexpected interruption of the machine and the extended usage periods, that freezing of machine-wide printing that will end up triggering for this error code. The error will be fixed by resetting all the mechanism of printing.
Stuck paper issue due to carriage limitations
Jamming of paper is also the reason for the error. Residue paper can hamper the carriage from moving freely across the printer’s width. In this situation, you should examine by opening the ink cartridge access door and remove any unwanted material that is responsible for jamming.
Method 1: Resetting of the complete printing mechanism
The acceptable method is troubleshooting which is recommended by each tech-savvy when the printing machine stops working then the solution is to reset the whole printing mechanism and this process also does not cause any type of damage to your machine.
You will perform the resetting mechanism which is equivalent to the power cycling process done on laptops or computers. If perform the below mention steps then your problem will be solved.
Steps to reset the printing mechanism:
1. First, you should turn on the printer if it is not ON then you should wait till the startup sequence gets finished.
Point to be noted: If any noise is heard by you, you should wait till the idle mode of the printer is achieved and it will become silent before you start with the next step.
1. When your printer is on idle mode then you should disconnect the power cord from the rear of your printer. You should remove the cord of power from the wall outlet once the power has been cut off.
2. You should wait for 1min or more before plugging the power cord again into the outlet of the wall. Then, reconnect the cord of power to the rear of your printer.
3. Now you should turn ON your printer and spend time till the initial warm-up period is completed.
4. When your printer enters the idle mode or becomes silent then check whether the issue is resolved or not.
If the error 0x6100004a still persists, when you try to print something then you should follow method 2.
Method 2: Clean the ink contacts and cartridge vents
The error might be possible due to the clogging in the cartridge vent and contacts. If this is the scenario in your case then first clean the ink cartridge contacts and vents then again install them one by one to evaluate whether the error message is due to the cartridge.
Point to be noted: This method may damage your additional components of the printer if not performed properly as this the advance process for the resolution of the issue. If your printer is under warranty better to take to the technician otherwise your effort can violate the rule of warranty.
If you are ready to go through with this prospective fix, here’s what you need:
• A pin is used to remove the clogging of the vents.
• For the general cleaning, you should use a dry cotton swab or lint-free cloth.
• Use only the distilled water. If you use tap water then it can damage the print head as this tap water contains the contaminants.
Here’s what you require to do to clean the ink cartridge contacts and vents:
1. Turn off your printer completely and wait for 1min or more before initializing the process.
2. You need to look at the vent area of each cartridge and check if any clogged vents are there are not.
3. Use a pin to clean the clogged vents of the cartridges.
4. The accumulated ink and debris on the copper contact of the ink cartridge can be wiped out by lint-free cloth.
5. Repeat all the steps for cleaning the contacts of the ink cartridge.
6. Again the same process will be employed where the accumulated debris and ink exist on the copper-colored contacts on the print head removed from the lint-free swab.
7. Then again insert each of the cartridges carefully for cleaning their slot, then the ink cartridge will be pushed until it gets to fix.
Point to be noted: You should be careful whether each colored slot of the on the ink cartridge matches the colored dot on the carriage.
1. Now again close the ink cartridge access of the door and turn ON your printer once again.
1. Now check whether the issue is resolved or not.
If the error 0x6100004a still persist, when you try to print something then you should follow the method 3.
Method 3: make sure that Carriage is not constrained
Before preceding you should ensure that the carriage moves freely across the printer’s width. This can be examined by unfolding the ink cartridge access door and manual procedure needs to be followed.
Here’s what you require to do:
1. Turn ON your printer & stay for it to enter the printer in idle mode (when it goes silent).
2. Unwrap the cartridge access door (while the printer is turned ON) and detach the power cord from the rear of the printer. After that, unplug the power cord from the power sources (most likely a wall outlet).
Pointed to be noted: The most significant thing is that you should unplug the power cord when you can proceed by touching the paper feed mechanism so that risk of the electrical shock can be eliminated.
1. To prevent the restriction in movement of the carriage, you should use the flashlight to see where any paper or any unwanted object is present inside the cartridge or not. You should remove the unwanted thing that is creating a problem.
Point to be noted: You should be careful when you are removing any jammed paper
• Make sure that you also verify the rollers and the wells for torn pieces that might still exist inside the printer. If you leave any leftover objects, further blocking can occur.
• If you are successful in removing the loose paper and blockade then close the ink cartridge access door and again connect the power cord to the printer and plug the power cord into your electrical outlet.
• See if this process permits you to fix the problem by attempting to initiate another printing action and seeing if the 0x6100004a error is still occurring.
If the error 0x6100004a still persist, when you try to print something then you should follow the method 4.
Method 4: Contacting HP printer helpline number
If you are not able to solve the issue by yourself then you should dial the HP Support number. When you are in trouble, the best choice is that you should take the assistance of an HP printer support expert. Your problem could be resolved By dialing the number of HP printer tech support number +1-800-903-5832. The best troubleshooting method will be provided by the HP printer tech support team.