Have you ever faced an error where your computer screen prompts Printer Validation Failed? If yes, then in all likelihood you must have attempted restarting your printer or detaching and reattaching the cables, but vainly and the validation error existed as it is. Well, often, the conservative method of restarting your printer fixes the error, but not always. And if the validation failed error is usually happening, then you must be aware of the exact reason and eliminate it from its root.
The Printer Validation Failed error arises when the printer's carriage cannot move freely due to some impediments, the obsolete or corrupted printer drivers, and because of power failure. To resolve this issue, you can reset your printer or try the troubleshooting tools available on the HP support website. And if all these actions go in vain, then you will have to uninstall and reinstall your printer. But how to do that? Do not worry. This blog encloses all the steps from the basics to the most advanced resolutions. So, let’s start the troubleshooting.
Steps to Fix printer Validation Failed Error
Step 1: Reset your printer (Do not just restart)
The quickest and simplest step is to reset your printer, which will fix minor technical issues. But resetting does not mean just to restart; rather, you will have to do it in a right way.
1. Attach your printer to the wall socket and press the power button
2. Now detach the power cable from your printer while keeping it still on.
3. Next, disengage the cable from the wall socket as well.
4. Please wait for 60 seconds and then re-engage all the wires back to their ports.
5. Now press the power button on your printer and check the validation error.
6. If the problem goes, then end the troubleshooting, and if it occurs again, then follow the next step.
Step 2: Run the printer troubleshooter
If the Printer validation failed error is frequently arising, then the printer troubleshooter will fix the problem. Here is the guide so that you can use this in-built tool.
1. Click the Search bar on your computer, alternately, press Windows+S keys simultaneously and type troubleshoot and hit Enter.
2. A new window opens, here select Troubleshoot on the left side panel.
3. Now select your printer and click Run the troubleshooter.
4. If your PC prompts any suggestions, then obey the on-screen instructions to resolve them. If still the validation fails, then proceed to fix.
Note: For some computers, the printer troubleshooter option is under Hardware and Sound.
Step 3: The HP Print and Scan Doctor to the rescue
The HP Print and Scan Doctor is an automated troubleshooting tool that fixes most of the print and scan errors or issues. The USP of this tool is, It is useful, and It is free. Here is the guide to install the print and scan doctor.
1. Ensure your printer connects to your computer.
2. Now click the link HP Print and Scan Doctor.
3. You will land on the official website of HP, click Download Now, beneath HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.
4. Next, you will get the executable file on your computer.
5. Visit the Download folder under File Explorer and search for the HPPSdr.exe file.
6. Double-click over it and click Run on the confirmation window.
7. Next open the HP Print and Scan Doctor and click Start and choose your printer on the list of devices.
8. Your Printer is now added in the tool and click Fix Printing to solve printer validation failed error.
9. Relying on the action needed, the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool will prompt the following symbols.
If it shows a green checkmark, it means the printer's all problems are resolved, and if it shows a red cross mark, you will have to obey a set of actions to resolve the issue.
Step 4: Reinstalling your printer is the only option
If hitherto steps failed then you will have to uninstall and reinstall your printer. Often, the corrupted or missing printer drivers cause printer validation failed issues.
1. Disengage the USB from your printer.
2. Now press Windows+R keys simultaneously (to open search box), type Programs and Feature, and press Enter.
3. Here, select your printer and click Uninstall.
4. Again click the Search box, type Devices & Printers, and click Ok.
5. A new window opens, here you will be required to right-click on your printer and select Remove Device.
6. So far, you have just taken off your printer from the Devices and Programs list. The next step is to uninstall the printer entirely.
7. Press Windows+R keys to open the Run dialogue box. Alternately, you can right-click on the Start icon on your PC and select Run.
8. The Run command dialogue box opens, type exe/s, and click Ok.
9. Next, click the Drivers tab on the new page and select your printer.
10. Click Remove> Apply > Ok. Your Printer is now totally uninstalled.
11. To reinstall your printer, you will need to go to the official website of HP.
12. Click the link 123.hp.com and under Support, click Download Drivers.
13. Press Printer option and type your Printer model name under identify my product and press submit.
14. Now click to download the complete printer software package.
15. When the software asks the connection type, click USB, and connect the USB cable with your printer and computer during the installation procedure.
16. Now keep following the on-screen commands to finish the installation process.
Yet, Printer validation failed? Contact our customer support
Such problems are common for everyday printer users. Now, with the help of these four steps, you can swiftly eliminate the printer validation failed error. The most potent of them all is using an HP Print and Scan Doctor and reinstalling your printer. However, please do not jump the process and keep following them from the starting. If you still face problems while troubleshooting, then contact our Printer Tech Support Number. Our executives are always there for any help and queries.