If you have used Lexmark Printers then you must know about the common error named as 900 Firmware error. It is a communication error that occurs in the Lexmark printers. When the computer is sending information to the Lexmark but the hardware isn't able to print or receive any instruction from the system. In such cases, it is firstly advised to check on the network connection by contacting your relevant Internet Service Provider (ISP). If the ISP gives the green signal from the network area then the possibility arrives of having a faulty error of 900 firmware error in Lexmark.
Fortunately, we can solve it easily, lets' look at some of the troubleshooting firmware
By Cross Checking Embedded Web Server (EWS)
Connect the Lexmark printer to the internet using Ethernet cables then open Google Chrome, in the search address field type the IPL address of your printer. Now click on the reports and see if your firmware of the Lexmark printer is at the P128th level.
By Updating your printer’s firmware:
If you see the firmware code level on the Lexmark printer is outdated then it may not be able to support the code loaded on the scanner communications card. You also need to make sure that the Lexmark printer’s firmware is at the P128 level.
- Go to the Menu button on the printer screen display.
- Click on the Reports option.
- Now press Menu Settings to start printing.
- Under Device Information, search for Lexmark firmware level information kept next to the Base.
- If the code level is you see is below P128, follow the next step,
- If the code level you find is exactly P128 and above, please contact your Lexmark Technical Support Service for advanced technical support.
By downloading and updating the latest firmware code:
- Visit the Lexmark Help website at - support.lexmark.com.
- On the left-hand corner, select the Support & Downloads link.
- In the Search tab, type your printer model no, for example, Lexmark T652. m5255 or T652.
- Click on the Downloads tab and check for the latest firmware version.
- If you can see that the new version exists, click on the Download button and save that file on your PC desktop.
- Click on the downloaded file, follow the instructions carefully mentioned and install the updated Lexmark printer firmware.
- Once the installation finishes, restart the PC
If you are still seeing the same Lexmark error coming up, it is then recommended to contact Printer support phone number +1-888-751-4951. They will guide you through every help in solving the errors in your printers for expert assistance.