Printers are a hardware device that gives the output in text or graphics form as a hard copy on a paper with the use of standard ink. It is externally connected to the computer as a peripheral device either wirelessly or with a USB. The printer works with the electronic data stored in a computer for generating the results as you may please. Size, speed, functions, and sophistication determine the cost of a printer whether high or low comparatively. HP Printer is one such printer type that prints documents, makes multiple copies, scans documents, and sends faxes on an attached computer. It is a premier product that is used by many people at home and large businesses, etc. Scanning functions on HP Printer happens with the software installed by you when you set it up on the computer.
Reason for HP Printer that doesn’t scan
When you are trying to scan anything on your HP Printer, the computer displays the error message that the “No Scanner” or “Scanner Cannot Be Initialized” on the screen. As per the HP Company, the scan error can happen due to the software or operating system problems. The scan error can be related to the printer or printer drivers. When you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.1, there tends to be a compatibility issue between your computer and HP Printer so the scanning just doesn’t get completed. Without the scan feature of the HP Printer, the device can become of no use to you.
Methods to fix the scan error of HP Printer
Scan error in the HP Printer causes a lot of inconvenience for you especially when there is an urgent requirement to print a hard copy of some document. There have been some methods suggested to fix the HP Printer scan error, and they are mentioned below:
• Make your operating system compatible with the HP Printer after upgrading your computer.
• Upon upgrading to a new Windows operating system, you can reinstall the HP Printer software.
• Download and use the HP Print and Scan Troubleshooter available on the HP Printer page.
• Turn your computer off and on as part of power cycling, and then do the scan with the HP Printer.
• Disable the Windows Firewall on your computer so that it can make the HP Printer scan.
• Run a system file checker scan for possible corrupt files on the computer that might have led to the printer not scanning.
• HP Printer & Scanner reset to factory default settings and thereafter try to scan for a document.
• Enable the Windows image acquisition service on your computer if it hasn’t been in use yet.
The scan error of the HP Printer can get solved if you apply these methods effectively. But there might be certain situations where the error doesn’t get solved due to unforeseen circumstances. In that case, you can connect with our support team on the HP Printer support number +1-800-903-5832 to get a fast solution for your HP Printer not scanning. We give you 24/7 service in which the support executive guides you with the best possible option to make sure.